Friday, May 6, 2011

Applebee's at Triple One Somerset

I had  Applebee's at Triple One Somerset (i.e. the former PUB building at Somerset next to a once famous banana fritter / "goren pisang" stall) two weeks back with my wife. The decor looks good, and the food on the menu looks appetizing. Initially, I thought there might be some sort of famous apple dishes, such as apple pie, apple strudel, etc. To my surprise, when I scrutinized the menu, there was no such dish! So much for the "apples"! I have a soft spot for apple pies, if you don't know me.

Anyway, when we tried to order, the service was ... lacklustre. No smiles; just a glum look as if she were not really interested in taking our orders. Hmmmm.... If it were jam-packed with customers, I can still understand this sort of "reluctance", but there were only a few tables occupied. It was not crowded by any standard. Oh well.

We ordered, and the food came. I ordered pork ribs, since I thought if it is satisfactory, I could take my dad to try it. After all, he likes pork ribs. My wife ordered a dish of pasta. The food was ... less than satisfactory. It was not worth a trip to an area that is slightly out of the way, and certainly not worth the cost - around $60!

Neither my wife nor I will want to visit the place again, even though we got a $6 voucher as a result of paying more than $60 for that meal. Service and food overall did not even meet a basic satisfactory standard, in our opinions.

But if you are interested to try, here's the address:


Photo taken from http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/cknewsstand/228faa34.jpg
Applebee's Triple One Somerset
111 Somerset Road
#01-11/12 Triple One Somerset
Singapore (238164)

No comments:

Post a Comment